|Protocol: ||PON1 - Pediatric Optic Neuritis Prospective Outcomes Study
|Start Date: ||07/01/2016
|End Date: ||
|Clinical Trial ID: ||N/A
|Public Dataset: ||
Pediatric Optic Neuritis Prospective Outcomes Study
- To determine our investigators' ability to enroll children with PON into a research protocol.
- To develop estimates of visual acuity outcomes in children with PON 6 months following enrollment.
- To describe visual acuity outcomes at 1 month, 1 year, and 2 years after enrollment.
- To estimate the risk of an acute optic neuritis recurrence in the same eye at two years after enrollment.
- To estimate the risk of developing acute PON in the fellow eye at two years after enrollment for children with unilateral PON at presentation.
- To estimate the risk of diagnosis of MS 2 years after enrollment.
- To characterize PON including prevalence of white matter lesions on MRI and neuromyelitis optica (NMO) antibodies at enrollment.
- To determine retinal nerve fiber thickness and ganglion cell layer thickness using spectral domain OCT at 1 month, 6 months, 1 year and 2 years after enrollment
- To collect MRIs for future analyses.
- To assess quality of life (QOL) outcomes using current pediatric instruments at 6 months.
- To describe low contrast visual acuity outcomes at 6 months, 1 year and 2 years after enrollment.